On the five-point scale in our grant readiness assessment, organizations exceptional (5) at purchasing/procurement:
- Written purchasing procedures aligned with federal, state and local laws and regulations;
- Written standards address conflicts of interest for anyone involved in the selection, award and administration of contracts;
- The organization avoids purchasing unnecessary or duplicative items;
- A cost and price analysis is conducted with every purchasing transaction;
- Records are maintained documenting each purchasing transaction;
- Oversight ensures contractors perform in accordance with the terms of contracts or purchase orders;
- All transactions are conducted with full and open competition;
- The organization has written procedures for issuing formal solicitation for goods and services;
- The organization has a procedure to report suspected improprieties; and
- Management conducts independent reviews to determine if purchasing policies and procedures are being followed as intended.
Download the complete grant readiness assessment.