On the five-point scale in our grant readiness assessment, organizations exceptional (5) at program management:
- Program managers have at least five years experience applying for private and public grants AND successful experience managing grant-funded projects in accordance with funders’ requirements and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Exceptional (5) grant development includes:
- A full-time grant proposal writer with a track record of winning private grants and government grants at the local, state and federal levels.
- Staff members that can assist the grant writer on an ad hoc basis.
- The grant writer is a member of the organization’s leadership team.
- A written grant development protocol; and
- Staff are empowered to pass on a grant opportunity when it is not a good fit for the organization’s mission, vision and capacity.
Download the complete grant readiness assessment.