On the five-point scale in our grant readiness assessment, organizations exceptional (5) at planning:
- Have a strategic plan; an operational plan; a fund development plan and a leadership succession plan.
- The fund development plan limits the percentage of funding received from a single source.
- The board establishes an operating capital reserve policy.
- Have a planning process that is formal and structured.
- Have a board of directors actively involved in the planning and budgeting process.
- The board of directors and CEO/Executive Director monitor progress towards the plan’s goals during every board meeting; and
- The goals in these plans are incorporated within the CEO’s/Executive Director’s annual performance review.
Download the complete grant readiness assessment here.